Ingredients (serves 4 to 6)
For pizza crust:
- 1 tbsp or 1 pkg of pizza yeast
- 1 ¾ cup to 2 cups of organic all purpose flour (+ more for rolling)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw organic turbinado sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil (cold pressed)
- 2 tsp vegan margarine (melted)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed into melted margarine
For pizza toppings:
- 1 can of organic pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup of black olives halved
- ¼ cup sliced fresh pineapple (small pieces)
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes cut in slices
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pkg Tofurkey Chickn’ (thai basil or other) (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheight
To make pizza dough: combine yeast, salt, sugar and 1 cup of flour in a large bowl. Add warm water and olive oil to the dry mixture. Stir until all ingredients are blended, add remainder of flour ½ cup at a time until mixture reaches a dough texture. Using your hands, knead dough adding flour as needed for approximately 4 minutes. On a flat floured surface, roll out pizza dough until it is approximately ¼ inch thick. Place dough on a medium to large pizza stone. Fold over the sides approximately 1 ½ inches all around the edges (making a crust).
Top pizza evenly with toppings in the following order (prevents some ingredients from burning): pizza sauce, basil, sundried tomatoes, onion, black olives, pineapple, mushrooms and Tofurkey if desired.
For garlic pizza crust: brush margarine/garlic mixture evenly over the folded crust.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust starts to become light brown. Let cool and set for 5 minutes before cutting