Ingredients: (makes approx 18 medium muffins)
- 2 cups organic all purpose flour
- ¼ cup organic poppy seeds
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp. water mixed together in small bowl
- Zest from 1 lemon + juice from lemon
- 1 ¼ cup nutmilk warmed to room temperature
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup vegan margarine (melted)
For Lemon glaze mix together:
- 1/2 cup sifted organic powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In large bowl mix flour, poppy seeds, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest.
In a small bowl mix nutmilk and apple cider vinegar (it should curdle a bit). Add in lemon juice and margarine and mix.
Add nutmilk mixture and flaxseed mixture together and mix until blended.
In medium greased muffin tins (or use parchment paper/muffin foils in tins) add mixture to each until about 2/3 filled.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes until slightly browned and when you poke a toothpick in, no mixture sticks to it.
Let cool, top with lemon glaze.