Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and cut in half)
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced in 3
- 5 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1.5 cups of cashew milk (see recipe)
- 4 cups of organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
In a large pot sauté onion, garlic and ginger in coconut oil until onion is soft. Add carrots, sweet potato and 1 cup of vegetable broth, cook until carrots and sweet potato are soft.
Transfer sweet potato/carrot mixture to a blender or food processor (add more vegetable broth as needed for blending). Blend until smooth.
Transfer mixture back to the large pot. Add cashew milk and remainder of veggie broth to mixture. Simmer over low heat for approximately 25 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. If soup is too thick, add more vegetable broth.