Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 1 package of pasta (amaranth/quinoa/rice non-wheat pasta preferred)
For tomato sauce:
- 2 cans of organic peeled whole tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes cut in strips
- ¼ cup black olives sliced or halved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of baby spinach (or 1 cup of broccoli)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
In blender or food processor blend tomatoes, garlic, basil and salt and pepper until smooth.
Place blended mixture in a medium pot, add oregano, parsley and thyme and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
While mixture simmers, in a medium fry pan put olive oil, onion, mushrooms and bell pepper, sauté until soft. Add sautéed veggies to sauce in pot. Stir in black olives and sundried tomatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions
Add spinach to tomato mixture and allow to cook over low heat for another 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens to a tomato sauce consistency.
Separate pasta into 2-4 bowls and generously add sauce over pasta.