Ingredients: Makes 4 medium sized or 6 small pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose organic flour (whole wheat or white)
- 3 tbsp raw organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/3 cup vanilla nut milk (organic if available)
- (optional) vegan chocolate chips
In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add margarine and nut milk and stir until smooth. The mix should have a pudding like texture or slightly thinner. Add milk as needed to thin out mixture if it is too thick.
Heat a non-stick pan (or a greased frying pan) over medium-low heat. Pour desired size of pancake mixture into the pan. When pancake has cooked half way through (you should see bubbles throughout the pancake) flip the pancake over and repeat until golden brown and cooked through. If you desire chocolate chips sprinkle those onto the mixture immediately following pouring mixture into the pan.